Section 14 of the Via Francigena in Tuscany, from Lucca to Siena, is one of the most popular and spectacular stretches of the Via Francigena, the Camino to Rome. The trail starts in the walled city of Lucca with its amazing Renaissance wall and citadel, and finishes in the UNESCO World Heritage historic centre of Siena.
On this section of te Via Francigena you will walk in the heart of Tuscany, across beautiful rolling hills and woodland, stopping in gorgeous villages along the way where you will enjoy a well-deserved rest. There are many wonderful sights on this section of the Via Francigena including the tiny walled hilltop town of Monteriggioni and two impressive UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the breathtaking town of San Gimignano with its medieval towers and magnificent Siena, an historical, artistic, cultural and gastronomic gem. If you travel in July or August, you might be able to witness one of Italy’s most traditional horse races: the Palio di Siena. If you travel in Autumn, this part of Tuscany is world-famous for its white truffles so foodies are in for a treat!
View Tour Options
- 8 days / 7 Nights. Stay in our hand-picked accommodation.
- Split – 9 days / 8 Nights. This tour includes two extra walking days to split the longest day in two so you can walk at a more relaxed pace.
- Easy Walking – Under the Tuscan Sun
- Start in San Miniato – 7 days / 6 nights.
- Guided tour
- Start in San Miniato: 7 days / 6 Nights. Includes English speaking guide, half board accommodation. Departure on 27th May & 16th September 2017.
- Easy cycling in Tuscany
- 8 days / 7 Nights. Cycling the Via Francigena in Tuscany from Lucca to Siena at a leisurely pace so you can explore this magnificent region. Bike rental available.